- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, or 24 large sea scallops
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light soy
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated maple sugar
- 2 inch piece of fresh finger, sliced
- 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 4 stars of star anise
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add all ingredients to saucepan, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain through fine mesh sieve.
- Pan sear chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, or scallops.
- Place seared breasts, tenderloin, or scallops in shallow baking pan, and pour glaze on top.
- Bake uncovered, basting with glaze every 5 minutes, for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with fresh roasted Brussels sprouts and steamed basmati rice or couscous.
- As an alternative, reduce the strained glaze by one-half, and use it as a sauce to drizzle over grilled salmon or boneless pork chops.
Developed by Chef Jason Baker, Menands, NY