- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups herb-seasoned cubed stuffing mix
- Simmer celery and onion in 4 tablespoons butter for 2 minutes.
- Add apples and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Add syrup and water, and bring to a boil.
- Measure 4 cups stuffing mix into large bowl. Add hot mixture, stirring well.
- Recipe makes enough for a 6- to 10-pound bird.